Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Dreams and Contractions

Ok, so I woke up at 3:08 this morning after having the strangest dream! I dreamed I went to the hospital in labor, and immediately they put me to sleep. When I woke up (in my dream), I had a new baby girl. First of all, I was really mad because I missed the entire birth of my baby. Then, as if this is something normal people do, everyone began screaming at the baby because we were so excited she finally arrived. After that, my mom and I were looking at the baby, and we discovered that the baby looked just like my mom. Literally, she looked just like my mom; not resembled my mom, but actually looked just the way my mom looks now. The baby also had huge dumbo ears (ever since I can remember, my mom has insisted that she has big ears). I figured, "Well, this is the baby God has given me; might as well accept her the way she is."
Back to reality... so I'm up at 3:08, and, of course, I start having contractions. Not tiny little Braxton Hicks contractions, but "ooooh my back hurts so bad," contractions. They started at about 9 minutes apart and got as close as 3 minutes apart. I thought we were a go. We even started getting things ready to go to the hospital. Then, just before we picked up the phone to call someone to watch the boys, my contractions started slowing down rapidly. By 5:00 a.m., my contractions were about 30 mins. apart.
So here I am. It's 1:03 p.m., and I no longer have Braxton Hicks contractions. The only ones I've been having now are the, "ooooh my back hurts so bad," contractions. They are anywhere form 5 to 20 mins. apart. We'll see what happens. Hopefully baby will come soon because taking care of a 2 year old and a 5 year old while at the same time having painful contractions is not so much fun! I'm sure I'll make it. But if anyone feels moved to pray for a swift healthy delivery, I certainly do welome them.

God Bless,
Jacqueline

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Wow, you guys are in our prayers. We will be praying you have a easy labor and a healthy little baby. Can't wait to find out what you guys have and the name!! We love you guys!!!